Terms of Service
These terms and conditions (“Terms”, “Agreement”) are an agreement between Venture Event Manager, owned and operated by Drew McManus LLC, (“Venture Event Manager”, “VEM”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and you (“User”, “you” or “your”). This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of all digital goods obtained from Venture Event Manager. All such goods are licensed, not sold, to you.
BY PURCHASING DIGITAL GOODS FROM THE COMPANY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT. YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. YOU ALSO AGREE AND WARRANT THAT WHERE THE DIGITAL GOODS ARE INSTALLED ON ANY CLIENT OR CUSTOMER WEBSITE, THE CLIENT OR CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS, ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THEY ARE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT UPON PERMITTING THE USE OF THE DIGITAL GOODS ON THEIR SITE AND THAT THE GOODS MAY ONLY BE INSTALLED AND USED SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR USE THE DIGITAL GOODS AND DELETE THEM IMMEDIATELY.
Venture Event Manager and all extensions, unless otherwise stated, are licensed under the GNU General Public License (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html) version 3.0 or later.
Plugins sold and distributed by Drew McManus, LLC are done so in the hope that they will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Inasmuch as WordPress functions correctly on a clean install of itself, VEM is guaranteed to function on a clean install of the minimum, stable and required version of WordPress for VEM and extensions. Because the number and variety of plugins is vast and wide, we do not guarantee that the plugin will function with all third-party plugins, themes or browsers of any kind. We do not assume responsibility and will not be held responsible for any conflicts or compatibility issues that may occur due to third-party software. We assume no responsibility for any data loss as a result of installing or using VEM. Should conflicts occur with third-party software, we may provide support at our discretion.
Drew McManus, LLC sells and distributes VEM and other plugins “as is” and with no implied meaning that they will function exactly as you would like, or that they will be compatible with all third-party components and plugins.
Support for plugins sold and distributed by Drew McManus, LLC is only available for those who have an active, paid extension license.
Support and updates are granted for one year after the original purchase based on the license you have purchased. After one year is completed, the purchaser must renew their license in order to continue receiving support and updates for the items purchased. For purchases that include an automatically renewing subscription, support will be provided for as long as the subscription remains active.
Support and updates for VEM are provided as long as VEM is actively in development. Should any one of the following occur, Drew McManus, LLC will no longer be responsible for providing support for VEM:
- VEM is no longer actively developed as a viable product under Drew McManus, LLC.
- VEM or the parent company is purchased or bought out by another company.
- WordPress is no longer actively developed.
While we attempt to provide the best support possible for our plugins, we do not guarantee that any particular support query can, or will be answered to the extent, or within a timeframe that the inquirer is completely satisfied.
Automatic updates are available to license holders who have an active and valid subscription and license key. Automatic updates are available for installed and activated copies of VEM and any extensions. Automatic updates are available as long as the license key generated from the purchase is valid and active.
Drew McManus LLC grants each customer one or more non-transferable license(s) to use the software for internal use, and as defined by the terms set in the customer’s chosen license package.
Where the license package allows the software to be used on multiple sites the customer/license-holder may not sell the originally-purchased license key provided by Drew McManus LLC, to other users of the license (such as clients) for commercial benefit. Additionally, the customer may not sublicense, to any person or entity, any rights to distribute the software or license key. VEM will only provide support services to the original customer/license-holder with a legitimate license key, and consider any other uses of this license key for support queries as fraudulent.
After we have processed your payment successfully, you will receive an email with your order number and other purchase information. Your license key is available in your account area along with your plugin downloads.
You can download the plugin by logging into the account created for you when purchasing the plugin and clicking on the appropriate link.
Should you not receive an email containing your information, you can contact us through https://ventureeventmanager.com/contact/ to request your purchase information. Access to re-download purchased files will be granted so long as your license key is valid. If a license key expires, download access to the associated files will be discontinued until such time as the license key is renewed.
All plugins are property of Drew McManus, LLC. Claiming any type of intellectual or exclusive ownership rights of our products is strictly prohibited.
Our plugins are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. We shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or losses that occur due to the use or inability to use our plugins.
Website & Plugin Content
All content found on this site and throughout the plugin including images, documentation, support queries and any other information is property of Drew McManus, LLC and may not be redistributed without permission or consent.
Drew McManus, LLC reserves the right to modify, change, cancel or upgrade a plugin subscription and/or license key without prior notice or consent. Prices of all products are subject to change without prior notice or consent.
Venture Event Manager provides a special nonprofit discount, which may be applied at the checkout using a discount code. By using the discount, you certify that the plugin is used on the official website for a registered 501(c)3. We reserve the right to ask you for proof of nonprofit status and/or to check the status directly. If you use the discount code and install and activate the plugin on a website that is not the official website of a 501(c)3, you agree to pay Venture Event Manager the full license subscription price.
Subscriptions & Automatic Renewal
VEM and its extensions are sold as automatically recurring subscriptions that renew each year on the anniversary of the purchase date. This applies to all paid-for extension licenses.
This subscription will automatically renew at the end of the annual license term unless the purchaser cancels their subscription prior to the automatic renewal date.
Please note the following details of VEM extension license subscriptions:
- Subscription renewals are automatically processed annually on the anniversary of your original purchase. The license renewal will continue and remain valid for each one (1) year unless the subscription is cancelled prior to the renewal date.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time from your Account page on the https://ventureeventmanager.com website. If you choose to cancel your subscription you will no longer receive updates and support for the extension when your license expires.
- The renewal price will be the full plugin price as published at the time of initial purchase, exclusive of any discounts.
- We cannot grant refunds on renewal payments. We will send you an email no less than two weeks prior to your renewal date, and you may use this opportunity to cancel your subscription before the renewal payment is automatically processed
- If you choose to cancel your subscription your license will expire on the anniversary of the original purchase, and you will no longer receive updates and support for VEM or its extensions you have purchased.
Drew McManus, LLC may occasionally send you emails related to the purchase of product(s) from our company. We may also send you occasional email newsletters relating to Venture Event Manager updates, promotions, extensions, and the like. We will never sell or release your email to any third party vendors. You may opt out of these emails at any time without penalty.
By purchasing our product(s), you indicate and consent that you have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions listed and detailed on this page. We reserve the right to change or modify the current Terms and Conditions without prior notice or consent.
If any part of this agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, all remaining clauses in this agreement shall remain binding on the customer.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Drew McManus, LLC and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to your and/or your customers or clients use or misuse of the digital goods or your breach of this Agreement. Furthermore, you agree that the Drew McManus, LLC assumes no responsibility for content submitted or made available through the digital goods.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and purchase, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with your account. You are responsible for notifying Drew McManus, LLC of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. Drew McManus, LLC is not liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Application shall be instituted exclusively in the courts of the State of Illinois in each case located in Cook County. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Limitation of Time to File Claim. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE DIGITAL GOODS MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
In any action arising out of or related to this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover their attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Drew McManus, LLC with respect to the digital goods and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings and agreements, whether written or oral, with respect to the digital goods.
We firmly believe in and stand behind our plugin 100%, but we understand that it cannot work perfectly for everyone all of the time. If you are unhappy with your purchase, or you have an issue that we are unable to resolve that makes the system unusable, we will be happy to consider offering a refund.
Refunds will be offered at our sole discretion and must meet all of the following conditions:
- You are within the first 30 days of the purchase of the plugin. After 30 days no refunds can be processed.
- Your issue(s) comes from not being able to install the plugin properly or get the plugin to perform its basic functions.
- You have attempted to resolve your issue(s) with our support team.
- Issues caused by 3rd party plugins, themes or other software will not provide grounds for a refund.
- Refunds do not apply to product upgrades or annual renewals.
Please note that by purchasing the plugin, you agree to the terms of the refund policy. To submit a refund request, please contact us.
Like many other Web sites, VEM makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Opt-In Information Collection and Use
In addition to the default data collection, we may ask for permission to collect additional “opt-in” data for the purposes of helping you debug in support tickets or to personalizing your Plugin usage experience as well as improving our VEM and its extensions in general. This information may include but is not limited to the following:
- More granular system compatibility information including PHP and mysql version
- Information about what other plugins and what theme is running on the system so that we may better identify where to invest resources into compatibility testing
- Relevant settings and configurations
- Content statistics such as number of events or number of events with tickets
- System events such as date of first event creation
- We may also ask for permission to collect information in our free Plugins. Your consent will also permit us to collect your name and email for the purposes of communication.
Compliance with Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
Our credit card processing vendors are PCI compliant.
Website accounts require a username and password. Passwords are stored encrypted and not as “clear text” so that not even our employees can read it. We can not resend you your password, only reset it. For this reason, it is essential that you keep your password secure and never share it with a third party. It is solely your responsibility to make sure that your password is strong, unique and private.
We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the security of your personal information during transmission, which encrypts all of the information you input. Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices. Please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. Please note that the review process may take a few days and we only review applications during regular business hours, Mon through Fri, 9-5 CT.
If approved, you’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote Venture Event Manager via referral links. Check out your private Affiliate Area by logging in for visits and referrals information, creatives, graphs and more.
Affiliate Commissions And Payouts
You’ll earn 20 percent affiliate commission when a customer purchases a new Venture Event Manager extension licensing your referral link. The 20 percent is based on the total cart amount that a customer spends when referred through your link.
We pay out affiliate commissions in USD, via PayPal in the first week of every month. As we have a 30-day money back guarantee, we only pay commissions that are older than 30 days. The minimum payout balance is $50.00, so you receive a decent chunk of cash when payouts come around. And there’s no maximum payout balance, so promote Venture Event Manager as much as you like!
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Here Are The Details Of Our Program In Summary:
- To register as an affiliate you must have an active paid Easy Digital Download extension license that you own (i.e. you may not use a client’s extension license)
- You must have held that license for 31+ days.
- You’ll receive 20 percent commission for every new sale you refer (20 percent on the total purchase cost).
- Minimum payout balance of $50.00, and no maximum payout (we pay in USD).
- Commissions older than 30 days will be paid within the first week of each month.
- Referrals are paid out via PayPal. If desired, we can arrange for a check payment, but those will carry a higher minimum payout balance.
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Affiliate News And Updates
By becoming an affiliate, you agree to receive emails from Venture Event Manager. These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on no formal schedule, and may include important information regarding the Venture Event Manager affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote Venture Event Manager. As an affiliate you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted). And we won’t spam you, ever!
Affiliate Application Rejection And Cancellation
We reserve the right to reject or cancel affiliate applications and accounts for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. The following list includes, but is not limited to, why an application may be rejected or an existing account cancelled:
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites that we do not believe are aligned with our industry or business philosophy may be rejected.
- Affiliate applicants with websites that re-sell any of our products will be rejected.
- Websites considered inappropriate by Venture Event Manager will be rejected.
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Questions Regarding Your Application
When you apply to become an affiliate, we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you indicated you’ll promote Venture Event Manager and need some more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Referral Cookie Lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase an Venture Event Manager extension(s), or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site or clears their cookies between visits (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals $50.00 or over). If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Dormant Affiliate Accounts
We encourage all of our affiliates to actively promote Venture Event Manager to keep earning referrals. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote Venture Event Manager, please let us know. An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a six-month period. A dormant affiliate account may be temporarily deactivated if no visits have been generated after six months.
Venture Event Manager Affiliate Program Policies
Allowed promotional methods
How you promote Venture Event Manager is reflected in the commission you earn. We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to Venture Event Manager and bring us legitimate, loyal customers. We love it when our team of affiliates blog about digital eCommerce and selling digital products, and mention Venture Event Manager!
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers or friends about Venture Event Manager, and give them your affiliate referral link.
- Write a review or a blog post about WordPress event management or Venture Event Manager and link to our site with your referral link.
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your LinkedIn followers about affiliate marketing with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals.
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses and using your referral link in your replies.
- Please let us know about any activity you do. We may be able to help you out with resources or more information to ensure the content you are providing to your audience is factual and valuable.
Prohibited promotional methods
We love and back our product and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want affiliates who are behind us too. The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off, instead, they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any fraudulent activity, which is something we take seriously.
- Venture Event Manager may not be promoted on coupon sites. Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for Venture Event Manager, so this method adds no value to Venture Event Manager.
- Any type of spam is prohibited, these include, but are not limited to, links, ads, emails, comments, and any other type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote Venture Event Manager. If we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited. This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated.
- Thank you in advance for not pretending to be professionally associated with Venture Event Manager. Affiliates aren’t employees of Venture Event Manager or Drew McManus, LLC, and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be Venture Event Manager is prohibited. Please don’t do this. Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official Venture Event Manager site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes). If you need content or specific graphics, please ask, and we may be able to provide it to you. We also have banners which can be found in your Affiliate Area!
- Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by Venture Event Manager is prohibited (and chock-full of ethical bad karma).
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask. That, in and of itself, goes a long way toward building productive affiliate relationships.
Consequences Of Using Prohibited Promotional Methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to take this action and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. We recommend using good promotional methods as described in this agreement to avoid any potential referral rejections and/or account deactivation!
Final (But Important) Conditions
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are not an employee of Venture Event Manager or Drew McManus, LLC. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against Venture Event Manager and Drew McManus, LLC. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.